Reply: Tons of Questions

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
X

Topic History of: Tons of Questions

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• Carrie

Derrek,

I'm in Northern area of the state and will picking up my first ostriches at the end of the month!!!

• Carrie

I'm incredibly excited as I will FINALLY be purchasing ostriches at the end of the month and bringing them home. I have searched for over 4 years and my dreams are finally coming true! I am pretty nervous just starting out without knowing of anyone here who currently has any, but the breeder has been incredibly helpful and an excellent resource. Wish me luck!!

• Carrie

Derrick,

Sorry to hear that! Where in Michigan? I am in

and still searching! Hopefully I will have some by Spring!

• Carrie

I live in _________, MI. I do plan on going to the Mt Hope Auction to see if any are there. I've got my fingers crossed! I think more people would become interested in them if they weren't so outrageously priced, though. Do you have a place in mind where you will purchase yours?

• user107030

Hi Derrick,
I'm very sorry to hear that you had to battle with cancer and sacrifice your livestock because of it. It is good to know that you are doing better and I am very interested in chatting more with you about your experience and set-up. Where part of the state are you in? I'm in a small town North of Flint.

Thank you for your willingness to pass on your knowledge and perspective!
God Bless,
Tom

• user524565

If you are limited in space, I use 1/4 acre breeding pens and it has been working fine. Old time breeders agree with the information given to you. The social needs start at a very young age usually within a few weeks of hatch. The suggestion to keep the hatch intact and not mix the chicks is a good one.